Herefordshire Housing

We're here to help Call us on 0300 777 4321



smile woman

Don’t miss out - Keep your benefit claims up to date

Just a reminder so you don't miss out or end up having to pay money back. Keeping things current with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) if your circumstances change while you’re claiming benefits is really important. On-top of telling the DWP you'll need to let the Council know too about any changes to your household or income (if you're claiming Housing Benefit). Link to the Council website here.

Not reporting a change and continuing to receive benefits can mean you might have to pay some of the money back or have it deducted from ongoing benefit. This could mean a significant increase in the amount you have to pay towards your rent!

Examples of changes that may have an effect upon a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction award and which you should report are:

  • Anyone joining or leaving your household, such as a partner moving in, having a baby or a grown up child moving out.
  • Starting or finishing a job or an increase/ decrease in pay.
  • Increase/ decrease in pension.
  • A benefit claim starting or ending.
  • The income of any non-dependant increasing or decreasing.
  • An increase in savings.
  • Starting full-time education or training

We're here to help

If you're unsure about any of the above or would like to discuss whether you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to please ring the Tenancy Sustainment Team on 0300 7774321 and ask to speak to one of the Tenancy Sustainment Advisors. Alternatively.

Call our team if you need a hand;
Mon/Fri 8/6
0300 777 4321