Herefordshire Housing

We're here to help Call us on 0300 777 4321



Don’t get left in the cold

Posted on: Thu 16 November, 2017

UK bank notes

You could be eligible for the Warm Homes Discount if you’re on a low income. On-top of this if your household’s income is less than £15,000 per year, you might be eligible to receive support from Welsh Water’s HelpU tariff...

Community clean up

Posted on: Wed 15 November, 2017

Smell icon

We'll be helping local group "Hereford Community Clean up" on November 29th. The volunteers help to keep Hereford more tidy for all of us and they're targeting areas around Sherbourne Close (Hereford)...

Struggling to pay rent?

Posted on: Fri 27 October, 2017

Key icon

If you’re struggling to pay rent, please don’t bury your head in the sand - talk to us as soon as possible, we're here to help.

Changes to Universal Credit are coming to Herefordshire

Posted on: Tue 17 October, 2017

clock face thumbnail

From 7th March 2018, any new Universal Credit (UC) claimants living in Herefordshire will go onto the “Full Digital Service”. This means the whole UC claim will be managed online through one single online account...

Help with rent payments - apply online

Posted on: Thu 5 October, 2017

pound coin

If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit to help pay toward the cost of your rent. The easiest way to apply for Housing Benefit is through Herefordshire Council’s website...

Child Care Costs

Posted on: Mon 18 September, 2017

Department of Work and Pensions logo

The Government is introducing new ways to help parents with childcare costs. Whether you have toddlers or teens you could get support...

Allpay - Direct Debit Duplicate Payments

Posted on: Fri 8 September, 2017

Department of Work and Pensions logo

Update 11/09/17 - Direct Debit Duplicate Payments

Don’t miss out - Keep your benefit claims up to date

Posted on: Wed 30 August, 2017

Department of Work and Pensions logo

It’s important to tell the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) if your circumstances change. If you don't you could miss out or have to pay them back...

Universal Credit and changes to Pension Credit for new claimants

Posted on: Thu 17 August, 2017

smile woman

At the moment, if you are a couple and one of you has reached Pension Credit age, you can make a claim for Pension Credit. This is due to change soon – 'mixed age couples' will have to claim Universal Credit instead, which is much less generous...

Housing Benefit and child care costs

Posted on: Fri 28 July, 2017

UK bank notes

Are you in work, claiming Housing Benefit and paying child care costs? If so you may be entitled to extra Housing Benefit if you tell the Council about your child care costs.