We're here to help

Call us on 0300 777 4321



Rural Housing Week - Job Club and the search for employment
Posted on: Fri 28th June, 2019

Our innovative Job Club service has expanded into more rural areas across Herefordshire, providing a supportive environment designed to help people back into employment.

Posted on: Mon 28th January, 2019

As the weather is turning colder you may notice more moisture in your home.

Posted on: Thu 20th December, 2018

Christmas is coming and so is the Herefordshire Housing rent free week. 

Older man smiling in Hereford
Posted on: Mon 23rd July, 2018

Around a third of those eligible for Pension Credit are not claiming it and could be missing out on extra money each week, so it is worth checking if you could be entitled, and claim Pension Credit

HomeHunt logo
Posted on: Thu 21st June, 2018

In June we launched another option for people to apply for some of our properties, HomeHunt.

Universal Credit logo
Posted on: Mon 14th May, 2018

Universal Credit (UC) is the new benefit the Government is introducing for working age claimants. If you and your partner are pensioners this change doesn't affect you.

Posted on: Tue 13th February, 2018

If you're a Herefordshire Housing tenant your rent will change from 02/04/18. You should have received a letter from us confirming this.

Posted on: Wed 13th December, 2017

So then the Government have made a few changes to their plans to roll out Universal Credit in Herefordshire, mainly it's been delayed until June 2018....

Posted on: Thu 16th November, 2017

You could be eligible for the Warm Homes Discount if you’re on a low income. On-top of this if your household’s income is less than £15,000 per year, you might be eligible to receive support from Welsh Water’s HelpU tariff...

Posted on: Fri 27th October, 2017

If you’re struggling to pay rent, please don’t bury your head in the sand - talk to us as soon as possible, we're here to help.

As we approach the end of the financial year, it is important that you inform the relevant office about any changes in your circumstances that are about to occur.

Receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit?

Posted on: Mon 11th March, 2019

As we approach the end of the financial year, it is important that you inform the relevant office about any changes in your circumstances that are about to occur.

For example, if you are one of our tenants you should have already received a letter from us confirming that your rent will change from 01/04/19.

Housing Benefit

  • If you receive Housing Benefit and the Housing Benefit is paid directly to us then you don't need to take any further action.
  • If your Housing Benefit is paid to yourself then you will need to inform Herefordshire Council of the change in your rent.
  • The easiest way to inform the Council of any change in circumstance, including the forthcoming rent change, by completing their online form here.
  • Alternatively, you can email benefits@herefordshire.gov.uk or visit the Herefordshire Council customer service centre.

Universal Credit

  • If you receive Universal Credit then you must inform the service of any change of circumstance, including the forthcoming change to your rent.
  • Any changes need to be recorded by yourself on your online Universal Credit account.
  • You cannot record any changes in circumstance in advance. For example, you must update your Universal Credit online account after your rent has changed in April.

If any of this seems confusing to you then please don't panic - we're here to help.

If you need help reporting a change in your circumstances or would simply like to check to see if any changes could affect your benefit payments, then please contact our team by calling 0300 777 4321 and asking to speak to one of our Tenancy Sustainment Advisors.