As we approach the end of the financial year, it is important that you inform the relevant office about any changes in your circumstances that are about to occur.
For example, if you are one of our tenants you should have already received a letter from us confirming that your rent will change from 01/04/19.
- If you receive Housing Benefit and the Housing Benefit is paid directly to us then you don't need to take any further action.
- If your Housing Benefit is paid to yourself then you will need to inform Herefordshire Council of the change in your rent.
- The easiest way to inform the Council of any change in circumstance, including the forthcoming rent change, by completing their online form here.
- Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Herefordshire Council customer service centre.
- If you receive Universal Credit then you must inform the service of any change of circumstance, including the forthcoming change to your rent.
- Any changes need to be recorded by yourself on your online Universal Credit account.
- You cannot record any changes in circumstance in advance. For example, you must update your Universal Credit online account after your rent has changed in April.
If any of this seems confusing to you then please don't panic - we're here to help.
If you need help reporting a change in your circumstances or would simply like to check to see if any changes could affect your benefit payments, then please contact our team by calling 0300 777 4321 and asking to speak to one of our Tenancy Sustainment Advisors.